Monday, December 31, 2012

I Welcome Thee, 2013!



In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent and the most Merciful!


    The transition has already taken place, the year 2012 has already vanished into 2013. What a leap of change in the disguise of a slight turnover! It's not even the new year by Islamic Culture, still we are praying for the coming months to be better off and stable. It's human psychology I guess, beginnings charge us with energy and fuel nervousness while endings make us emotional and somehow more decisive for the next phase. This is why we love romanticizing the end of the year and welcoming the new one. Nevertheless, there is nothing wrong in praying and pledging for a promising tomorrow, at any day or a moment.  It's the uncalled for celebrations where the reasoning fails to do business. However, I believe everyone has the right to choose their way of life and others, instead of getting all judgmental, should focus on straightening their own record.

    In the past few years, I made some very neatly cut-out resolutions as a way of 'properly' and 'orderly' initiating this supposedly new year of the Gregorian Calender. But this time, I did not. Because, I have experienced a transition in my thinking pattern. In contrary to jumping into the vast oceans of possibilities, I have decided to stick with 'small is beautiful'. Because you climb up the ladder always in an ascending order, even if your goal is not the topmost rung, and even if it is! Hence, instead of piecing together different puzzles to complete a pictures I want to have fun with all the individual pieces one at a time, and not worry about the picture they make as a whole. THIS is a potential New Year Resolution. Still, just to give my mind something to hold onto, there are three resolutions (yes very economical) for the year 2013.
1. Stronger Faith
2. Write more and Write fearlessly.
3. Go for it.

    A word about the year 2012 : In all honesty, it was a GOOD year Alhumdulilah. It was full of new experiences and getting to know different worlds. The best part is, I can sense a positive change in myself, something I have been looking forward to since a long time. I hope the year 2013 will build on 2012 and will be better even than 2012 In Shaa Allah :-).


No comments:

Post a Comment